Just yesterday, the white-skin master came again. This time, he brought more people with him. He said that they would be helping me in growing the rubber, and that they, like me, will be paid. I wanted to tell him that I got tricked by a white-skin businessman who sold me 1 pound of rice for 10 pounds. Now I have no money, and I need more. Yet, I dare not, for he will beat me.
When I asked helpers where they came from, I was shocked. They said they were actually not paid much, they were actually slaves. Furthermore, I was expected to feed them too! The money I have now is barely enough for my family, and now I must feed 10 more mouths. How am I supposed to??? Also, I heard that they were forced to become slaves as they refused to give up their land. I’m glad that I didn’t refuse the white-skins when they asked me to. I do not want to become a slave.
Also, I heard about how the white-skins trick people. I must be more cautious.